Thursday, July 19, 2007

Rebuilding Iraq



"If there is one word I would use to sum up the atmosphere in Iraq - on the streets, in the countryside, in the neighborhoods and at the national level - that word would be 'fuck damn shit'", Ryan Crocker, the top U.S. diplomat, told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

"Well, not those words per se, but whatever comparable word our Arabic-speaking friends in Iraq use to sum up or comment on what we Americans might call 'a complete cluster fuck'".

"And let me tell you-- the Iraqis are not using these expletives lightly. When you walk out of your home in the morning, and come home in the evening to a pile of rubble, well, 'fuck damn shit' can barely express the frustration our turbaned friends must feel."

News Time USA asked an Iraqi cab driver if he felt the American presence in Iraq was helping or hurting the situation, to which he replied: "What? Get the shit damn out of my cab, cornhole, I got better things to do! That's the dumbest question I have ever heard! Of COURSE it's hurting the situations..land mines hurt! OK? Now pay up or beat it..I got work to do!"

We also talked to local Iraqi Richard Smith about last night's bombing in which he lost his home and all his possessions.

"Crap shit! Not again! I can't tell you how sick of this crap I am. What am I, the three little pigs? You guys gonna blow my freakin' house down AGAIN? Jesus..you guys are bustin' my balls! YOUR BUSTIN' MY BALLS! OK?"

No comments: